- Product clinics and competition analysis in the automotive industry
Task formulation: Performance of static and dynamic comparison tests (driving tests)
- Identify strength and weaknesses of a specific vehicle
- Gain of conclusion for development of successor
- Definition of competition rating of a specific vehicle
- Identify market potential, customer’s benefit, willingness to pay
- Basis for communication (central statement of marketing)
The recruiting of test persons is coordinated with the test content and according to defined criteria.
Additional to the quantitative tests there can be done qualitative studies. In moderated focus groups (group discussions) important subjects will be taken up and discussed more deepened as well as recorded by video.
Concrete transformation of test results (basis: diverse studies):
- Doors: bow-shaped handle „beats flap handle
- Convertible: integrated sunroof leads to additional customer’s benefit
- Closed panorama roofs (Peugeot 307): a temporary fashion
- Operation systems: MMI beats I-Drive
- “Boxy” design of vehicle (e.g. BMW 7series) convinced Chinese top manager
- Visible welding spots in hatchback are accepted by the end customer
These results were ascertained before market entry and for future development. Apart from these obvious results we work at the moment on further studies, which are secret and therefore are not allowed to be listed.
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
Task formulation: Performance of Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Identify competence / problems in specific business scopes
- Optimization of processes in sales and service
- Activate customer specific action programs
- Meaning of individual criteria (importance) for customer
- Calculate an index, which is qualified for sales objectives
Time series analyses show, how far the company improved compared to the previous year or years.
Effects based on results:
- Programs for improvement of customer service in different regions
- Increased transparency of accounting/billing
- Raising of problem region to an acceptable level
- Better orientation to specific target groups
- Advertising effectiveness study
Task formulation: Check of different motive series for a promotion (pretest).
- Decision support for selection of motives
- Suggestion for optimization of these motives
It should be found the motive, which …
- was first accost by the test person spontaneously
- was most understandable
- was preferred by majority (ranking)
Furthermore the strength and weaknesses of the preferred motive were realized.
Effects based on test results:
- Identification of definite test winner
- Pictures with people are preferred, because they are emotional more attractive
- Classical (mostly boring) motives and motives of extreme situations are refused
- The test person gave a lot of input for optimization and improvement